Provate a tradurre i seguenti testi dall'inglese all'italiano e controllate le vostre risposte nella pagina delle soluzioni.
(Try translating these following texts from English to Italian and check your answers in the solutions' page.)
- Every day I wake up at 7 o’clock but I usually get up at 7.15 am. I have breakfast with orange juice and some rusks. After breakfast I have a shower, I get dressed and then I go to work on foot. I start working at 8.00 am and I have a lunch break at 13.30 pm. I then go back to work and I finish at 16.00 am. Again, I come back home on foot. In my spare time I like cooking, reading thriller books and go for long walks with my dog. On weekends I go out with my friends for dinner and then we usually go drinking in some pubs. Every day I go to bed at 23.00 pm while on weekends I usually go to sleep late.
- When I was little our family went on a safari trip in Kenya and it was a wonderful experience. We saw ten lions, four elephants, different zebras and leopards and even some giraffes. We did the safari around midday, so it was too hot even for the animals, which were all laying in the shade of some tree. Our family and I live in the countryside in the middle of Ireland, so what we usually see outside our window is a whole different scene: we have some pigs, cows, chickens and hens and of course a lot of sheep.
- Iulia gets up very early in the morning because for her job, she often travels to other cities or other continents. She usually travels by plane so she takes a taxi from home and goes directly to the airport. She doesn’t have breakfast at home; if she is early for her flight, she has a cup of green tea. She usually comes back in the evening but sometimes, she stays away overnight. When she is at home, she is always busy and unfortunately we spend very little time together.
- Gabriele and Laura often eat at the restaurant. They always choose a table far from the exit because Laura wants to stay close to the kitchen. Gabriele is vegetarian, so he doesn’t eat neither meat nor fish. They never eat at fast-food restaurants because they only have few vegetarian options. Laura usually has meat with a tomato salad, while Gabriele has rice with vegetables. Gabriele’s favourite restaurant is near home, where one of his friends works as a waiter.
- My mother works as a teacher in a high school in Rome, while my father is a journalist for “Il Messaggero” newspaper and covers the sport section. I have two brothers: an older and a younger one. My older brother works as a barman in Lido di Ostia. My younger brother is only eleven years old and he studies. I work as a waitress in a Greek restaurant near the Colosseum.
- Luca is a thriller film director. One of his films has even won the Palm d’Or award at the Cannes festival.
- Yesterday we went to the Uffizi Gallery. There, there are many paintings and my favourite one is Sandro Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus”.
- For my brother’s birthday we cooked him a strawberry cake. Unfortunately we ate too much and we didn’t even cut a slice of cake.
- Today we’re going to see a concert in the city harbor. Do you want to come with us or are you too busy studying for the exam?
- Gianluca, when were you born? On the seventh June of 1989. So, are you a Gemini? Yes, I am a Gemini.
- Is it always so cold here? We’re in Norway, in the middle of winter. What did you think?
- If you go to the supermarket, please buy some orange juice and a pack of croissants. We haven’t got anything left for breakfast.
- Be careful not to break the jug, it’s your grandmother’s wedding gift.
- Here’s the guest list, cross out the people who don’t come to the reception.
- Don’t watch too much television! Come here and set the table for me.